Yes! We Have Custom Covers Available For The New Federally Mandated 13 SEER Air Conditioners
Due to our great supportive network of dealers and our strong relationships with distributors, we've been able to rapidly create new designs for all of the new 13 SEER A/C's. With new government mandates in effect these new units are hitting the market now and their designs are often times drastically different than previous air conditioners. This matters to you because many of the more generic, lesser custom covers are going to fit these new units very poorly and provide substantially reduced protection. So be safe, protect your A/C with a high quality custom cover from A/C Covers that's guaranteed to fit regardless of size, age, brand or SEER rating.
- Why do I need to cover my air conditioner ?
Your air conditioner is an investment that should bring you years of cool relaxing comfort through the "scorching, sweaty months". Repeated beatings by the nature (ice, snow, sleet, salty sea air) and build-up of debris (leaves, twigs, pine needles, pine cones, acorns, etc.) in and around your unit decreases efficiency, causes damage and over the years will lead to the components becoming rusted and corroded. By protecting that investment not only do you insure a longer life for your air conditioner, you insure that it works at it's optimal efficiency throughout it's entire lifetime - keeping you cool and saving you money. By keeping your air conditioner unit clean and protected you save money in a number of different ways :
- You extend the life of your unit.
- You increase the efficiency of your unit - By keeping the condensing coil cleaner you allow it to run at peak efficiency, which not only improves the operation but also reduces your energy bills.
- You decrease maintenance costs - Keep your unit cleaner, and protected means you have less that needs to be cleaned out, fixed or replaced before you dive into the summer.
BOTTOMLINE : Protecting your unit will save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars and save you lots of sweat and frustration as you fight with a poorly working air conditioner in the hottest times of the year.
- Why do I need a custom fit cover ?
If your air conditioner cover is not properly designed and constructed it won't provide the protection that you're paying for. A custom designed cover will fit and protect your air conditioner like a glove. Sloppy, generic or poorly designed covers actually can do more harm than good because not only do they not protect your a/c they can lead to condensation build up which will speed up the destructive forces of rust and corrosion that you're trying to prevent. Loose fitting covers also make inviting targets for small animals and rodents who see your unit as a nice protected place to build a nest for the fall, which will lead to even more "debris" in your unit.
- But I've heard that you're not supposed to cover your air conditioner ?
This isn't an uncommon thing to be told and as we said in the question above, if you're using an improperly designed cover (cheap generic covers, plastic, garbage bags, etc.) you're actually setting yourself up for condensation problems, amongst other things, which will do more damage than not covering your unit at all.
However, a properly designed, custom fitting and expertly constructed cover will protect your air conditioner, increase it's efficiency and save you money for years.
- What kind of cover is best ?
- Custom Fit To Your Specific Unit
- Constructed of high quality, vinyl
- Mold and Mildew Resistant
- Specially designed to eliminate condensation build-up
- Easy to put on and easy to take off
- Easy to Keep Clean
Find a cover that gives you all these things and you've got a winner.
- How will I know if my cover fits properly ?
- It will be designed to your specific model number.
- It will fit snugly, but slide on and off easily.
- It will be designed to allow for proper air flow. If your cover goes all the way to the ground it will trap condensation and ruin your unit.
- It will look like a glove made for your air conditioner.
- How does an A/C Cover prevent & eliminate condensation build-up in my unit ?
We've spent a lot of time with experts in the HVAC field designing the perfect cover. Our design leaves a precise amount of room between the base of your air conditioner and the bottom of the cover to insure proper air flow for your unit. Too much space and you're no longer protecting your unit and too little space and condensation builds up (this is why covers that go all the way to the base are so dangerous and damaging!). Our design has stood the test of time.
- How do I clean my A/C Cover ?
Cleaning is easy---remove your A/C Cover before turning on your air conditioning. Spray it down with a hose and wipe it off with a little vinyl cleaner (e.g. Armor All) and allow to dry completely before storing.
- Where do I find my make and model number ?
If your unit is newly installed your Air Conditioning installer can give it to you. If your unit is a little bit older you can find it on a small metal tag or sticker on the back of your unit by the refrigerant line and electrical lines running from your unit to your house. The key number (often times it's a combination of numbers and letters) is the model number.
- Is it safe to order on-line ?
Absolutely! Our on-line order processing is the safest, most secure system available on the Internet.
- How long will it take to get my A/C Cover ?
Since every cover is custom made we don't make your cover until we receive your order to insure that it will fit your specific unit. During non peak times (Feb-August) normal delivery time is two to three weeks. During peak season (Sept-Jan) these lead times frequently may increase to three to four weeks.
- Why can't I leave my A/C Cover on all year round ?
Your A/C Cover is specially designed for use when your air conditioner is not being used. Using your cover while your air conditioning is running can lead to damage to your air conditioner. Your cover can be used when the thermostat is set to Heat or Fan.
Got a question that we haven't answered? No problem, just drop us a line and we'll get you an answer!